Saturday, December 31, 2016

Day One

The year 2016 will forever go down in history for being the year of smiles--366 to be exact. 
8/8/16 Smile: #superheroes

I was once told that no clothing item is more important than wearing a smile. This past year, I took that idea to heart. From day one to day 366 (leap year), I wrote down something that made me happy; though, I have to admit that 2016 was not particularly a good year for giving thanks--a break up, my dad passed away, Donald Trump, etc. However, 2016 taught me three valuable lessons:

It's okay to be selfish every now and then.
No one is excluded from pain and suffering.
BUT, even through the hardships, there is always a reason to smile.

The New Year's resolution wasn't an extraordinary, world-changing act, but it wasn't for the world. The resolution was for me, myself, and I. It helped me cope with my losses. It helped me see the good in every situation. It showed me several reasons for living. It gave me 366 smiles that I can reflect on when I'm feeling down. And, I'm extremely grateful for that.

Cheers to the year of smiles, and here's for 365 more days of smiling no matter what!

It’s time to create a better future, first starting with one’s self. Today is Day 366. Tomorrow... Day one!

Click: 366 Smiles


8/10/2016 Smile: "unless I'm drunk"



10/13/16 Smile: "are u okay"

No comments:

Post a Comment